Friday, March 27, 2009

Already?

The president has been in office for about two months, yet things like this are already popping up? (yes, I realize that some of these things were said before the inauguration) Makes me worried about what else is coming. I've never been the type to pay much attention to politics, but as I've changed my ways over the past several months, I find myself more and more worried about where the US is headed. If you don't pay attention, start. Write your representatives (if you don't know who they are, you can find them here using your zip code) and let them know what you think about current policies, and the things that are happening-America is changing, and if you're worried like I am, let your voice be heard!

3 comments:

Rebex said...

I strongly dislike politics. I will say, however, that nobody's perfect. I'm willing to give Obama a chance, just like I gave George Bush a chance and will give the next guy a chance. Give him a minute to show whether or not he will keep his promises. He's been in office, what 2 months? Yes, I'm worried about our country, but I'd be worried if McCain were in office too. No matter who's in charge, it's all going to pot anyway. I choose not to get worked up about it. It's better for my heart that way. Ha ha!

ai said...

My issue with him is more- doesn't he have something else he should be doing rather than making celebrity-like appearances on talk shows and the like. I don't know, silly me thought the president would have a busier schedule. Or at least prioritize oh, I don't know, running the country, over pop-culture media hyping himself.

Jalula said...

I'm with ai...I'd like to give the guy a chance, but he's broken several campaign promises, and is forcing his agenda in a way that really worries me. That's not to say I wouldn't be worried if McCain were in office...it was a hard year to vote. I didn't like either choice, but really, no pork, no lobbyists, etc? A tax cheat in charge of our money? It seems like a lot of mistakes and lies to me.