Friday, October 29, 2010

Memories

Okay, maybe only one memory. Some people at work (myself included) are dressing up for Halloween today. To ruin the surprise, my costume is a ladybug. I have wings, and antennae, and red sequined shoes. I've been agonizing about what to wear in addition to the above mentioned accouterments. A black dress (which I don't have and haven't been able to shop for), a black shirt and pants, shorts, a skirt? This morning I finally settled on black leggings with my ballet skirt over them-not a look that I'm in love with normally, but it's Halloween, so everyone looks odd, right? However, I work in a lab, and while I'm in the lab doing lab work, I like to have pants on. Just in case. So I pulled my jeans on over the leggings (and fishnets), slipped on my shoes and headed off to work. I noticed that my jeans don't feel right. I feel a little pudgy, which is silly, since I'm skinny. I started wondering how I wore leggings under my pants for so many years at BYU when there wasn't enough time to change between dance class and whichever chemistry class was next. Maybe that's why most of my jeans from college are too big now.

No comments: