Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Simone

This week has had a rough start. I guess it started last week. I had the ac in the truck looked at, and subsequently recharged. They recommended I come back in a few days so they could check for leaks in the system. I returned yesterday to be told that my compressor was leaking, and needed to be replaced. I had the shuttle take me back to work and waited for a call to tell me they were on their way to pick me up. I got the call, but instead of coming to pick me up, the call was to inform me that my thermal fan clutch was also broken, and also needed to be replaced. So, several hundred dollars later, I have what (I hope) is a fully functioning ac, but I missed my Monday night soccer game.

In an attempt to cheer myself up after spending so much (if I lived in Cali I wouldn't have bothered to fix the ac at all), I called Freebirds to order myself a delicious burrito for dinner. When I arrived to pick it up, the guy at the register looked at the bag in the warmer and said "It's not ready yet." with a puzzled look on his face. The girl behind him asked me about my order-"Was it carnitas on cayenne?" I answered in the affirmative, and she pulled a bag out of the warmer. It looked like this:



So I guess I have a new nickname.

No comments: