Saturday, January 9, 2010

Following Instructions

I visited a dermatologist last week. My skin is dry...really dry. I don't think you need much more information, other than that often my fingers will crack, and bleed. The dermatologist said that I could super glue the cuts together. So I bought super glue tonight. I asked my roommate to help me out. Sounds easy, right? Once we figured out how to properly open the glue, she squeezed. Glue went everywhere (on our hands, at least). She washed her hands (I don't know how effective it was), and I just let mine dry, without touching anything. My cuticles are now glued to my nails, and my thumb nail is glued to my finger. Meanwhile, the cut is glued together, and it doesn't hurt anymore. Maybe next time we can manage to only glue what we want to...

3 comments:

ai said...

mine did that all growing up. my mom would have us put vaseline all over our hands then wear socks overnight. Does WONDERS! I've never found anything to work better. Just a thought anyway. Good luck with that. And ha ha hahah.

aaronalli said...

Use nail polish remover to remove the glue that you don't want there anymore. :)

Jalula said...

Oh, Vaseline...I can't stand the way my hands feel, all slimy and oily. I think I'd have to be pretty desperate to do that:)