Saturday, December 26, 2009

Another home story

This is just a quick story...my uncle and cousins have snow mobiles. Dad and I went out with them today. No, that's not the story, I just wanted to post a couple of pictures-notice the helmets. We're responsible adults!
When dad and I got home and started talking to mom, I said "Turns out a snow mobile can go 75mph...who knew?"

Anyone who knows my mom can imagine the pained face she made. She expressed her exasperation at my love for speed, then asked whether we had helmets on. Dad and I assured her we did. Dad then said "You always have to beat me. I only got up to 70!"

For all you Texans, that white stuff on the ground in the pictures is snow. It's what happens when precipitation comes and the temperature is below freezing. Not the freezing when you go outside and say "It's freezing out here." The freezing where it's actually below 32 degrees Fahrenheit (Zero Celsius...273 Kelvin, you get the point).

I love being home.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

hahahaha!!! that's awesome! by the way, not all of us Texans are ignorant about snow. i grew up in snow before i came down here. sounds like you had a great Christmas! can't wait to see you again! :)