Monday, July 19, 2010

Funny

I had some people over last night...a lot of people, whom I fed. Happily. I love to cook. We then had a lovely gospel discussion about things like charity, purity and the Sacrament, and they fed me with their knowledge and insight. I thought it was a fair trade. None of this is the point of this post, however. The point was for me to relate a funny side conversation that took place in the kitchen between me and an undisclosed male friend who was helping me clean up after dinner.

To set the stage, there was a giant bowl of applesauce with a serving spoon in it on the counter. Well, the bowl was giant, but there was barely any applesauce left. The conversation went something like this:
Him: Do you think there's enough applesauce left to save?
Me: No, I'll just eat it so we don't have to worry about it...that spoon won't fit in my mouth-can you give me a small spoon? (I think he thought I said something about being a small spoon)
Him: You want to be the big spoon?
Me: (Getting the spoon myself because I'm just as close to the silverware drawer as he is, and smiling because at this point I'm in on the joke too) No, I like to be the small spoon.
Him: You are what you eat...with?

It made me laugh. Maybe no one else will think it's funny, but at least I'll get a laugh every time I re-read this blog.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry I thought it was funny :)

Delilah Gearhart said...

I chuckled. ;)

Kayla said...

LOL That's awesome!!!