Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lucy

I am dog-sitting. I count myself lucky, I have a friend with a fantastic dog, and he trusts me enough to leave her with me. For 10 days this time. While the rain here in San Antonio has been hampering my plans to take her for long walks and possibly to the park, it gave me an excuse to spend a night grooming. Lucy is a golden retriever. I have a friend at work with a dog of the same breed, and we thought Lucy and Bourbon would enjoy a play date. It would also be a lot easier to bathe Lucy in the tub Nicole and Ben have set up for Bourbon's baths, so after work on Friday, Lucy and I braved driving in the rain and headed north. Lucy and Bourbon got acquainted, and Nicole pulled out the FURminator-possibly the best shedding brush I've ever seen. We got to work on Lucy, figuring we'd give her a once over before we put her in the tub and blocked up the pipes with all the fur. Below is the result:

Lucy may have lost 5 pounds! Unfortunately, she had some big mats that we had to cut out of her tail, so it's not as nice and bushy as it used to be, but her coat looks fantastic, and we had a productive evening! Hopefully the rain will clear up this next week so we can get active.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You do know that Golden Retrievers are the Maryland state dog. Just sayin'. Yet another reason I maintain that I am not really a Texan.

Jalula said...

B-Rob, you can stay not a Texan as long as you like. After almost three years, I maintain that I'm a Californian:)