Friday, February 4, 2011

SNOW!

I woke up this morning hoping for some snow. When I looked out the window, I couldn't tell if there was anything, but when I opened the door to my balcony I saw:



What a welcome, lovely sight. I've been waiting for winter to arrive in San Antonio since I moved here almost three years ago.



I've been at work for almost an hour, and the place is a tomb. One has to wonder why they didn't close-all the schools in town are out for the day, our institute activity for the night is canceled, and while I felt safe enough driving to work at noon, I did hit some ice.



Meanwhile, I've enjoyed wearing all of my real winter clothes for the past few days-sweaters that are usually too thick for Texas, scarves, gloves, and the hat I bought in Norway. Life is good!

3 comments:

Kyoo said...

Not going to lie, I was pretty excited about the snow this morning as well! I sent pictures back to my family in Nebraska/Utah so they could get a good laugh at the skiff that shut the whole city down!

Unknown said...

You're still welcome to visit us in Minnesota. Get yer snow fix quick like!

Jalula said...

Jason, I'll get there eventually, but it will probably be in August for the fair!