Sunday, June 12, 2011

Good Morning

I had a very satisfying morning today. Since I haven't written in a while, I thought I'd share. A friend last night was teasing me about not inviting him to join a group of us who went dancing Friday night. While I maintain that I did invite him, he just wasn't paying attention, I asked what I could do to make it up to him. He replied "Food." So we had breakfast this morning. I made bacon (what's breakfast without bacon?) and waffles, and he brought some strawberries to top them with. We ate and chatted. When we were done with the food, he asked what I'd been studying in my Scriptures. I answered him, and got up to grab them. He pulled them up on his phone, and since they wouldn't load, used my extra set. We talked for over an hour about things we'd learned and questions we had. It was wonderful-I haven't done something like that since Australia, and I've been missing it a lot lately. What a beautiful way to start out my Sabbath!

No comments: