Thursday, September 24, 2009

When it rains, it pours

It seems that things come in groups, be they good, bad, or indifferent. Life goes along for some time without a whole lot to make you sit up and take notice, then all of a sudden you feel like you're dodging things right and left. I enjoy the contrast. Since I moved to Texas, I think I've been going on cruise control. While I don't mind those instances, I'm happy to say that I now have some interesting situations with which to busy myself. I won't bore you with the details.

Meanwhile, Texas has finally been getting some much needed rain. I have been relishing in the change (while eschewing the crazy drivers to the best of my ability). The temperature has dropped, and I haven't seen the sun in a couple of days. While I'm sure this is depressing my friends who are not used to passing a day without some rays, it reminds me of home. I happily donned a sweater this morning, and walked out my door with my umbrella.

I wish I had some more exciting (and less personal than the events glossed-over above) to write about. I'm sure I do, but it has slipped my mind at this point. And don't get me started on topics like this.

No comments: