Saturday, April 10, 2010

It's true!

I've lived in Texas for over two years now. In years past, I kept hearing people talk about the amazing wildflowers, yet never saw them. My first viewing of a bluebonnet was in a pot at a nursery. Not exactly prime viewing for something that's supposed to pop up everywhere. This year has been different than years past, and in a good way. The flowers are amazing!

I took a bike ride in OP Schnabel park, and liked these white flowers and the barbed wire fence together.

I took a drive this morning looking for flowers to take pictures of, since I keep promising my family pictures, and the bluebonnets are starting to fade. This just seemed right-cows grazing in a field of flowers. I imagine that they were more spectacular last week, yet they still made a great picture.

These are some more flowers I passed on my bike.


I love the juxtaposition-a prickly pear and a field of Indian paintbrushes. They are an amazing color too. There was a small oil rig in this field-I think I got a good shot with my SLR. I'll post more pictures after I get the film developed.

This is a close-up of an Indian paintbrush. A little different than the ones I got used to in Utah.

Bluebonnets and Indian paintbrushes. The two colors look amazing together.
Bluebonnets and prickly pear-this is just across the street from my church building.
A bee on a bluebonnet. Feel free to make whatever puns come to mind:)

1 comment:

katieg said...

Those are gorgeous pictures! Just one of the many reasons I love Texas so much, wildflowers.