Saturday, April 24, 2010

Why I can't go to book stores

I set out this morning on a variety of errands. Costco to develop my pictures (which I'll post later), to Eddie Bauer to buy a birthday gift for my brother, to the grocery store, and to Borders to buy a travel guide to Norway. When I got there, I was greeted by the usual display of books...the buy one get one 50% off, the staff picks, etc. I love books, and was easily sucked in to the deals. If I bought $30 worth of books, I could get a voucher for a free book in two weeks time (assuming I bought $30 worth of books at that time too). Buying $30 worth of books will never be a problem for me. In addition to walking out with the Lonely Planet book I came for, I also took home an Asian cook book, a dessert cook book, Into Thin Air, A Walk in the Woods and Coffee, Tea or Me?. I hope the last is as amusing as it seems. Looks like I'll be busy for the next few weeks. If you're in the area and looking for dessert, there will probably be an experiment on the stove at my place. And when that wears off, I can just head back for my free book (and whatever else catches my eye)!

No comments: