Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My weekend, post 1

I spent the weekend in the Bay Area visiting my friend Amy. We did several things, and I took lots of pictures. I've been having a great time learning more and more about my digital camera. While the pictures it takes don't compare to my SLR, it's wonderful to have. The first set of pictures I'm posting are from our Sunday afternoon trip to the Oakland temple.
This bird of paradise was a great bloom.
I loved the color of these flowers-I don't know what they are.
My parents have these in their front yard. I love them-it's like getting a whole bouquet of flowers for one stem! They come in some great colors too.
And they make a great back-drop for these bright mums. I wish the front flower was a little more in focus-that's one drawback of autofocus. I still think it's not a bad shot.
I thought this was a cute, albeit somewhat munted, flower. I love the detail you can see, even if some of the details are the imperfections in the petals.
More to come when I get a chance-there's plenty more to tell!

1 comment:

katieg said...

awww, gorgeous pics!