Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My weekend, post 2: Food

Here is my second post-on one of my favorite subjects. There are a couple of things I didn't take pictures of-either they were not important at the time, or couldn't be properly illustrated by a photograph. Of the first category is lunch with my mom on Saturday. Having her there was way more important than the food, as were the sail boats passing to and fro outside the restaurant window. The second category encompasses the Round Table Pizza we had Friday night (I miss Round Table-I love their crust), and the ice cream we picked up on our way back from the city-amazing. Grasshopper pie-if you don't know what it is, you should! Mint ice cream with fudge swirl and oreo cookies. Heaven for a chocolate and mint lover like me.

On to the photographed food-in a mostly random order. Amy, Wade and I had a picnic at the temple grounds Sunday afternoon. It was a bright sunny day, so we ate by one of the fountains. Wade snapped a couple of pictures of us-this is my favorite because of the looks on both of our faces...feel free to make up dialogue.


The next pictures are from lunch on Friday. Amy and I stopped in downtown Walnut Creek and picked a Chinese place. We had won-tons for appetizers, soup, then the main course. I had the almond chicken-satisfying, but American Chinese food has disappointed me since my return from Australia. Nonetheless, the presentation was wonderful, and the orange made a tasty dessert.

Amy had the orange chicken, which in my opinion was better than my almond chicken. It was just as pretty too. Any guesses about what the tiny bowl of peanuts is for?

Saturday night we were home for the trick-or-treaters. I had a great time handing out candy. It took two of us to answer the door-one to hold Vader (the giant black lab), and the other to give out the candy. We entertained ourselves with a murder mystery dinner-Death By Chocolate. Below, people are pointing a who they thought the killer was...notice no one is pointing at me:)


I love that "Rodger" is pointing with his pipe. His name is actually Ben, but we met him at the Halloween party the night previous, and as his costume is for Rodger from 101 Dalmatians, we had trouble remembering the right name.
Here's the whole group. Turned out that Kim's boyfriend was the killer. Who would have thought. You can also get a peek at Vader's imposing form in the foreground. Please forgive the camera angle, but I didn't have a tripod.

Lastly for the food pictures, I'm adding one from the costume party. Watching a guy wearing gorilla gloves trying to eat a baby carrot was a highlight. He eventually succeeded.

Until next post, that's all. More costumed pictures to follow.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

HEY! I didn't know you were going to visit Amy... man I haven't seen that girl in ages!