Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's a funny story....

I bought myself new wiper blades several weeks ago-at this point, it may have been two or three months. When I tried to put them on, I realized the release mechanism for the old blades was different than any I had encountered before. I messed around a while before giving up. I asked an un-named individual to help me. Said person agreed, but hasn't followed through (not that I've reminded them...). I was driving home in the drizzle today, thinking about how poorly San Antonians drive when the road is wet. I turned the wipers on the mist setting-just to clear the windshield a bit. The driver's side wiper blade fell off.

That's never happened before.

When I got home, I figured out the release mechanism for the right blade, and replaced both with the semi-new ones that had been riding around behind my seat waiting for help. Sometimes help comes from unexpected sources.

No comments: