Tuesday, June 22, 2010

California and Utah Trip

Finally, I'm writing about my trip home and to UT a few weeks ago. It seems like it's been so long, when really it's been about two weeks. It was lovely to get out of the Texas heat and enjoy some of the places where I really feel at home. I spent a couple of days in California. Most importantly, I got to see family...below is my mom with our dog, Zeke.



I miss family being close. I have such a good family; it's hard to be so far from them. I visited my Grandma Eunice, and chatted with Grandma Gigi (who lives with my parents). There were plenty of people to see, and while time was too short, I enjoyed the time I spent with all of them. I also enjoyed the fruits of dad's labor in the garden, pictured below.



Cherries have always been one of my favorites, and you can't beat fresh off the tree!

I confess, going home also brings the welcome opportunity to visit my car...



I can hardly wait to be somewhere I feel comfortable bringing her-I don't know what it is, but I feel so comfortable behind the wheel of the Mustang. It's so fun to drive! I also took the opportunity to drive dad's Cobra and his new Jeep. The Jeep is interesting...the steering wanders a lot and it's a pretty bumpy ride, but nothing beats knowing my dad has a(nother) project to keep him busy in retirement. It sounds like he's really enjoying the tinkering.

Next stop was Utah, for some time with my old college roommates. I had to see Cynthia and Tim's new addition (who is adorable!), and make sure Peter knows who I am. We spent time playing ball, reading and dancing. Peter makes a stage out of the hearth-below we are posing at the end of the song.



I had to take advantage of being in the mountains, so we went for a hike and a picnic. Cynthia made Avanti sandwiches (delicious), and we headed up the canyon for the morning. Peter was very good at holding my hand to make sure I didn't get lost on the hike.



Actually, he more held a finger or two. Each night, Cynthia and Tim ask Peter what he's going to dream about. His answer when I was there was "Mommy, and daddy, and Sam, and Janelle." Cynthia told me the trend has continued, and Peter still tells them he's going to dream about me. Not only do they have a cute boy, they have a smart one too! It's nice to be the girl of someone's dreams!

No comments: