Saturday, June 12, 2010

Running...

I let a friend talk me into running a 5K with her this morning. I know what you're thinking (if you know me) "You, run a 5K? But you hate running." You're right, but I wanted to support Jessie-she's training for a marathon. Something I have never wanted to do, but I'm happy to encourage.

This is us before the race:


Notice my lovely round, palindromic number. One of the other runners told me it was a heavenly number. It didn't turn out to be lucky...we got stuck behind the walkers at the beginning and spent a lot of time trying to pass them. Once we were able to set the pace we wanted to things went pretty smoothly.

I won't tell you how long it took us to finish...Jessie might. I was happy to be out in a park with lots of trees. We spotted a couple of deer somewhere along the trail. It was not as humid as it could have been, and pretty cool considering it's June and we live in Texas. There were even still some wild flowers out!

We were both happy that I had some Gatorade left over from softball.



Happy training, Jessie. Best of luck in November.

1 comment:

katieg said...

5K's are so much fun! Glad you had a good time.