Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Musing

There have been a few things on my mind lately, life has been busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Softball season ended with a bang...our last game was last night. Unfortunately, we didn't win, but third place is pretty respectable considering we lost all but one of our season games. Soccer continues to be fun-we played one of the best teams in the league Monday, and while we lost, I still felt good about the game. I stood up one of their better players a couple of times, and I heard the team talking about keeping a team mate of mine out of the goal because he's dangerous. Passing on the compliment was a pleasure.

My plans for Europe continue to develop. All of the plane tickets have been purchased, which means the money hemorrhage can slow down a bit. I know the trip will be totally worth the cost, and I'm getting more and more excited. It's just over a month until I leave. My how time flies!

After telling my Europe plans to Cynthia, she called me crazy. At this point, I'm inclined to agree with her. She kindly passed on the fact that there's a huge tap workshop here in San Antonio from July 22nd to the 25th. My flight to New York (which is the beginning of Europe) leaves at 6:20AM the 23rd, but after looking at the workshops being offered, I signed up for one the evening of the 22nd. The workshop is called "Drum to Dance/Dance to Drum" and is labeled intermediate/advanced level. Guess I'd better start practicing up-I'm not sure I can do a pull back anymore. I hope I haven't just thrown myself into the deep end of a pool-I struggled some with tap at BYU when Gary taught the 500 class (if you don't know what the 500 class is, we called it "Quantum clog" because it's a graduate level step dance class-Irish, clogging, tap and French-Canadian).

Lastly, I think my clothes are growing in my closet at night. I put on a pair of dress pants that I bought while I was in Australia and they seem really big...and my belt seems too big too. This is a problem because I really like these pants, and have two pairs. I guess I should have bought the size 8.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I guess you have to remember how to swim when you are thrown into deep water! You had better remember something so that you can teach me later. Remember- if you try to remember it all you might not remember any- pick some steps and hold on to them! I will be there in spirit!

Jalula said...

I'm taking my camera...hopefully I can tape some things while they're fresh in my mind, then dump them on my computer so I have room for pictures of Europe!