Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lately

I was planning on posting about my trip to CA and UT, but this will be shorter and easier. I'll write about the trip when I have the pictures from Cynthia:)

We had a soccer game last night against team mint...one of the toughest teams in our league. By sheer skill, we had the game tied 2-2 at one point. While they ended up winning 5-2, it felt pretty good to know that we could score on them, and hold their offense for a while. I talked to one of their players this morning, and she said it was legit-they weren't trying to keep the score low in order to avoid the "if you're up 3 points you get to field an extra player" rule.

After getting home and having a shower, a huge storm blew in to San Antonio. My lights flickered then went out. I lit a couple of candles, found my camping lantern, and sat down with the book I was reading. I watched the lightening and the cars that couldn't get in the gates...lined up on the street until someone decided to do something about the situation. There were things blowing by like when Dorothy is caught in the twister in The Wizard of Oz, and my plants were dancing wildly. At one point, the lid blew off of a BBQ someone left out and ash went flying everywhere. I enjoyed watching. The power came back on just in time for me to go to bed. It was a good night.

1 comment:

Delilah Gearhart said...

That storm was amazing! I almost didn't need my headlights to get home from institute because the lightening was that bright and close together! It was amazing!